Jump starting has always been an essential problem for motorists, and that is why Noco jump starters look to meet the ever-growing need of this consumer base consistently. Products of this brand have always sought to innovate to bring more features to make the product the most optimized for consumers’ use. This is the reason for the best Noco jump starter series that is always improved upon.
This review is done to save you from stress and get rid of your mind of all distractions. Have a read of all the 5 best jump starters below and find out which best suits your needs.
- 1 Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Noco Jump Starters
- 2 Best Noco Jump Starter Review
- 3 The Final thoughts
Editor’s Top 3 Picks of Noco Jump Starters
NOCO GB40 1000 Amp Jump Starter
Noco Genius Boost GB70 Jump Starter
NOCO GB50 1500 Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
|Amperage||1000 Amp||2000 Amp||1500 Amp|
|Spark proof clamps||✔||✔||✔|
|Reverse polarity |
|Compatibility||3 liters diesel |
6 liters gas engines
|6 liters diesel |
8 liters gas engines
|4.5 liters diesel |
7 liters gas engines
|Weight||10.2 pounds||10 pounds||8 pounds|
|Dimensions||12.5 x 11.7 x 8.5 inches||11.2 x 8 x 13.5 inches||11.2 x 10.5 x 6.2 inches|
Best Noco Jump Starter Review
1. NOCO GB40 1000 Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
The GB40 jump starter packs a punch if you can wrap your mind around this current capacity. The fact that it can supply a maximum of 1000 amperes when it is fully charged means that you can successfully get 20 jump starts when the device is fully charged.
Also, it has a rather simple charging sequence. With the standard USB cable, a compatible fit, and just in case you are wondering what configuration of the compatible USB? The regular 2.1A USB used in charging your handy devices like your headphones, smartphones, etc.
The products’ compact size makes it easily moveable around. Besides, the GB40 comes in handy as it can also be used as an alternative flashlight for emergency cases.
Furthermore, this jump starter has a structural design that makes it accommodate 12 volt lead batteries that make it able to power 3 liters diesel and 6 liters gas engines.
- Safety features against sparks from a wrong connection
- It comes with a 100-lumen LED flashlight
- 2.1 amps USB port for easy charging
- 1000A amperage for up to 20 jump starts
- The GB40 is restricted to work only for 12-volt lead-acid batteries only
- It has only 5 volts ports which limit its flexibility for other volt parameters
On a final note, the GB40 is a piece of efficient but yet classy equipment. With its multiple functionalities that offer a lot in jump-starting the GB40 is the perfect jump starter.Check Price at Amazon
2. Noco Genius Boost GB70 Jump Starter
The Noco GB70 jump starter has a peak current rating of 2000 Amps, which puts its rating at about 15700 joules. This is quite a significant difference if you compare it with the 1700 peak amp of your regular lead-acid battery. Plus, the traditional lead battery is rated at 6960 joules max.
Moreover, the way the Noco GB70 jump starter is designed, it can store charge for about ten months without necessarily needing to recharge. It has an internal battery that you can use as an emergency power bank for your devices like smartphones etc.
Also, it has an inbuilt protection system that enables it to prevent itself from delivering power in the standard operating mode. There is a base voltage of 2V that the Noco jump starter must detect between the clamps. If it’s discharged below that point, all you need to do is a manual override to bypass the low voltage safety feature.
Furthermore, Noco GB70 rated at 2000-amps and suitable for use on gasoline engines up to 8 liters and diesel engines up to 6 liters, such as a car, boat, truck, and more. This device is suitable for vehicles that travel on harsh terrains.
- With the IP65 technology, it is water-resistant
- It can be used to charge your USB devices like your headphones, tablets, etc.
- This device comes with a 400 lumen LED flashlight
- Safety features to prevent sparks from the wrong connection.
- With 2000amp, it can jump-start your engine 40 times.
- Wall charging gives you just 12V
- Swelling battery
Yes, the design is excellent with a compact outlook that puts consumer convenience in mind. Therefore, the lightweight makes it the best candidate for mobility. The only limitation, however, is the power capacity of the Noco GB70 for larger engines. Nevertheless, it is perfect for smaller engines.Check Price at Amazon
3. NOCO GB50 1500 Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
The GB50 has a starting current of 1500 amps. Now, the starting current is one of the essential features of the Noco starter. The starting current is the capacity of the jump starter to jump your engine, and with 1500 amps of the GB50 can jump-start your engine up to 30 times.
Along with the starting current, the internal battery is the next most important feature of the Noco GB50. This internal battery is what determines the number of personal items like your smartphones, etc., you can charge. The internal battery of the jump starter is a quick discharge Li-battery for storing power.
The design of the GB50 makes a provision for mistakes made either in clamping or reverse polarity. On top of it all, it is designed to be compatible with up to 7-Liter Gasoline And 4-Liter Diesel Engines. This can include personnel operating a maintenance shop with trucks.
- It can power dead batteries because of its 1500A amperage
- Comes with a 200-lumen LED flashlight
- Designed with a 2.1-amp USB port that makes charging faster
- Lithium quick discharge battery for charging devices like headphones etc.
- Built with both ruggedness and the IP65 water-resistant technology
- On/off switch works intermittently
- Swelling battery
Well, no matter the kind of road traveler you are, the Noco GB50 jump starter is the perfect handy tool. With its built-in safety feature and large capacity internal battery, the it is money well spent.Check Price at Amazon
4. NOCO GB150 4000 Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
The GB150 is the best definition of a fail-safe jump-starting system. The device offers a range of protection from reverse polarity, over-charging, over-current, open-circuits, over-heating, and spark proof. It also provides protection for incorrect connection protection.
Also, it boasts of an outstanding 80 possible jump start for a fully charged GB150. Also is the system’s charging speed, with a 4x fast-charging sequence. The design of the device also includes IP65 technology for water resistance and lithium discharge technology. Besides, this jumper is very compatible with diesel and gasoline engines of up to 10 liters. It is most suitable for heavy-duty vehicles like trucks and trailers.
- Fast charging in about 2.5 hours
- Power bank for charging headphones, smartphones etc
- Battery light to indicate when charging
- Designed with an inbuilt lithium battery for storing power
- It can serve as a 500-lumen LED flashlight
- Can’t be used as a power source for compressors
- Slow charging except you use the 2.1-amp outlet
The GB150 4000-amp packs a tremendous amount of current, which makes it the best bet for heavy-duty engines like your tractors, SUVs, trucks, etc. Therefore, for those of you that are farmers and in construction, this is your best buy.Check Price at Amazon
5. NOCO GB20 400 Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
The GB20 Noco jump starter has an array of functions. This product does not just carry out its primary role of jump starting; it also recharges your devices, as an alternate 100-lumen LED flashlight, etc.
Not only that, it is a very unique and yet classy design that features a lithium-ion battery that enables it to work in adverse conditions. This device also comes in the lightweight category with 2.4 pounds.
Furthermore, the GB20 comes with safety precautions for cases of wrong connections or any sparks. It also has a reverse polarity feature that makes it easy to use.
This particular Noco jump starter is your go-to device for small engines of up 4 liters. It is the best suitable device for small engines like motorbikes.
- Compact and sleek, which makes it a perfect travel device
- Comes with safety features against polarity, and electrocution
- Portable power bank for charging your personal devices like smartphones etc
- IP65 technology which makes the device water resistant
- Easily rechargeable in about 3 hours
- Relatively small amperage and can’t hold a charge for long
- Can’t be charged with a 220V power source
The GB20 is the perfect device for consumers with small engines like your motorbike. This device is also very suitable for working in harsh conditions i.e., very cold weather conditions.Check Price at Amazon
The Final thoughts
In summary, it’s safe to say that the Noco jump starter series is an excellent buy for your personal use. They come with a concept of consumer convenience in their design. This makes them an easy choice for consumers who are looking to hold the jump starter everywhere they go.
Their safety and mistake proof feature put them head over heels above their competitors. The added feature of the node flashlight also makes them come in handy in case of emergency occurrences.